Voice of Reason: The Green Amendment
The Voice of Reason Blog focuses on hot button issues with a reasoned approach not driven by ideology of either the left or right.
Not to be confused with The Green New Deal Amendment, The Green Amendment would amend the New Jersey Constitution to state Every Person Has A Right To A Clean And Healthy Environment.
Since the Bill of Rights, important rights have not been secured by politicians, but by voters through constitutional amendments. Slavery was abolished not by legislation, but by the Thirteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution. Women’s Right to Vote was not established by legislation, but by the Nineteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution, Women’s Right to Choose was established by the Due Progress Clause of the Fourteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution as was the Right of Marriage for same-sex couples.
Climate change is a grave threat to New Jersey (and the world), our health is threatened by air pollution, and lead contamination is present in some of our water systems.
Politicians come and go, but Constitutions grow to protect our rights. I urge you to contact your legislators to support The Green Amendment to the New Jersey Constitution here.
- Non-Lethal Deer Management Options in New Jersey
- Social Work Month 2022: the Time is Right
- Bill S783 Will Benefit New Jersey: Here’s Why We Support It
- Sharing Black Stories: 7 Must-Watch Movies and Shows
- New Backpack Initiative Helps Support ReNew Reentry Participants
- 5 Animal Welfare Films: Change the Way You Think About Animals
- The Recycled Content Bill: Immediate Call to Action