Voice of Reason: Millionaire/ Path
Governor Murphy Wants A Millionaires Tax While Senate President Sweeney Wants To Cut The Cost Of Government
The Voice of Reason says do both. What is going on in state government is, as Steve McQueen said in Cool Hand Luke, “What we’ve got here is a failure to communicate”.
When I was in the Senate, I supported a millionaires tax. I also sounded a clarion call that we have to rein in the cost of government that’s imposing a huge property tax burden on our residents and making New Jersey unaffordable. Both issues ran into political obstacles. The political obstacles still exist.
What’s stopping our elected officials from listening to the residents of New Jersey and doing both? Politics. Pure and simple. It’s not Democratic and Republican politics. It’s Democrat and Democrat politics!
Make your voice heard and express your opinion to Governor Murphy(constituant.relations@
- STOP the Killing of 272+ Elephants. Embassy of Botswana
- Equality Should Not Be A Partisan Issue
- The LGBTQ+ Community & The Equality Act
- Changing the Culture of Corrections
- What Happens to Bills That Were Not Passed During the Lame-Duck Session?
- Sharks Need Their Fins, We Do Not
- My Experience at a State Senate Meeting