Voice of Reason: Equality Act
The Voice of Reason Blog focuses on hot button issues with a reasoned approach not driven by ideology of either the left or right.
Time For Chris Smith To Go
Chris Smith is the only Republican in the House of Representatives from New Jersey. His no vote on The Equality Act which recently passed the House demonstrates his lack of compassion and empathy and his belief that it’s ok to discriminate against the LGBT Community in America.
Twenty six states allow discrimination in housing, employment and public accommodations against the LGBT Community. New Jersey is not one of them. We amended our law against discrimination in 1991 to include sexual orientation and gender identity.
When will Chris Smith come to the realization that LGBT discrimination will not be tolerated in New Jersey? Perhaps when he’s voted out of office.
Congressman Smith has often demonstrated his anti-gay beliefs. One would think they wouldn’t extent to discrimination in employment, housing and public accommodations. Think again.
Congressman Smith is an embarrassment to the State of New Jersey. It’s time for him to go.
- Non-Lethal Deer Management Options in New Jersey
- Social Work Month 2022: the Time is Right
- Bill S783 Will Benefit New Jersey: Here’s Why We Support It
- Sharing Black Stories: 7 Must-Watch Movies and Shows
- New Backpack Initiative Helps Support ReNew Reentry Participants
- 5 Animal Welfare Films: Change the Way You Think About Animals
- The Recycled Content Bill: Immediate Call to Action