Happy Kids Heal Faster
A long time friend of mine, Hank Sheinkopf, prominent political advisor to mayors, governors and presidents, called me last year and asked for a favor, “Could you introduce Toys for Hospitalized Children to hospitals in New Jersey?” I responded “YOU want ME to do YOU a favor?” YOU just did ME the best favor anyone can give, an opportunity to visit children in hospitals and see their happiness when we give them a gift.”
Since that call, The Lesniak Institute has partnered with Toys for Hospitalized Children to visit Goryeb Children’s Hospital at Morristown Medical Center, Trinitas Regional Medical Center, Joseph M. Sanzari Children’s Hospital, The Cooper Hospital in Camden City, and the Children’s Specialized Hospital of New Brunswick, NJ
The Institute’s partnership with ToysForHospitalizedChildren has brought joy and faster healing to hospitalized children in communities throughout New Jersey.
We not only bring the children toys, we sing along with them their favor songs. Let It Go (Frozen) is always one of them.
Hank Shankoff gave me and the Lesniak Institute staff the best gift of all, bringing joy to and seeing Happy Kids who will heal faster.
To learn more about The Lesniak Institute, visit lesniakinstitute.org/about
- Remembering 9/11 Together, Six Feet Apart
- Support NJ’s Environmental Justice Bill
- The Road to Student Press Rights: An Interview
- Colleges and Universities Reopening Amidst Health Pandemic
- Students at Monmouth University Ignite Change on Campus: Wilson Hall Renamed
- Pending Police Reform Laws In New Jersey
- Carteret Makes History at My First Protest