Happy Kids Heal Faster
A long time friend of mine, Hank Sheinkopf, prominent political advisor to mayors, governors and presidents, called me last year and asked for a favor, “Could you introduce Toys for Hospitalized Children to hospitals in New Jersey?” I responded “YOU want ME to do YOU a favor?” YOU just did ME the best favor anyone can give, an opportunity to visit children in hospitals and see their happiness when we give them a gift.”
Since that call, The Lesniak Institute has partnered with Toys for Hospitalized Children to visit Goryeb Children’s Hospital at Morristown Medical Center, Trinitas Regional Medical Center, Joseph M. Sanzari Children’s Hospital, The Cooper Hospital in Camden City, and the Children’s Specialized Hospital of New Brunswick, NJ
The Institute’s partnership with ToysForHospitalizedChildren has brought joy and faster healing to hospitalized children in communities throughout New Jersey.
We not only bring the children toys, we sing along with them their favor songs. Let It Go (Frozen) is always one of them.
Hank Shankoff gave me and the Lesniak Institute staff the best gift of all, bringing joy to and seeing Happy Kids who will heal faster.
To learn more about The Lesniak Institute, visit lesniakinstitute.org/about
- Salena Lesniak, My Remembrance on Women’s History Month
- Top 6 Books Every Advocate Should Read
- Students need mental health services now more than ever
- Stopping Cruelty to Animals is Not a Political Issue, it’s a Humane Issue
- I honor Chessie Dentley Roberts on the First Day of Black History Month
- It’s About Protecting Lives, It Shouldn’t Be That Hard?
- Why We Celebrate Martin Luther King Jr Day