Our Commitment to the Community
The Lesniak Institute For American Leadership has seven specific causes in its advocacy mission- Animal Welfare, Community Service, Criminal & Social Justice, Addiction, Curbing Gun Violence, Education, Environmental Protection.
The Institute has partnered with Toys For Hospitalized Children for a Community Service that brings joy to children in hospitals throughout the state by giving the children a toy, gifts for their parents and playing a song of inspiration and hope.
This year we have visited Goryeb Children’s Hospital at Morristown Medical Center, Children’s Hospital of New Jersey, Newark Beth Israel Medical Center, and PSE&G Children’s Specialized Hospital, New Brunswick.
Next up is Children’s Regional Hospital at Cooper in Camden.
Seeing the joy in these children and the smile on their face during our visits brings their joy into our hearts and puts a smile on our faces.
The Lesniak Institute trains and educates the next generation of American Leaders, young and old, how to advocate for their beliefs and passions. Community Service is a core component of each of our causes. Bringing toys to children in hospitals is a community service that cannot be described in words, only in pictures:
Stay Connected below and be part of a new generation of American Leaders, young and old, devoted to public advocacy
- Increasing the Black Women’s Voice Through Advocacy
- How Helping Animals Helps Us
- Lesniak Testifies to Amend Wrap-Around Community Schools Bill
- Labor day: The fight for a day off
- The Other States Have Something to Learn From New Jersey Leadership in Terms of Gun Violence Prevention
- Non-Lethal Deer Management Options in New Jersey
- Social Work Month 2022: the Time is Right